Recent News from (NASDAQ: CAPR)
| Gene therapy players under pressure|
|The Nasdaq's selloff notwithstanding, most gene therapy stocks are in the red. This morning, Sangamo Therapeutics ( SGMO -21.1% ) reported data on SB-913 that disappointed investors. More news on: Sangamo Therapeutics, Inc., AVROBIO, MeiraGTx Holdings plc, Healthcare stocks news, Stocks ...|
| Date: September, 05 2018 10:58|
| Exonics Therapeutics' gene editing approach shows encouraging action in DMD model|
|Privately-held Exonics Therapeutics announces that its SingleCut CRISPR gene editing technology restored dystrophin expression in a canine model of Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD). The results were just published online in Science . More news on: Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc., Cata...|
| Date: August, 30 2018 15:58|
| Pfizer's pain is DMD players' gain|
|Pfizer's decision to bail on DMD candidate domagrozumab has stoked buying in other companies developing treatments for Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD). More news on: Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc., Wave Life Sciences, Catabasis Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare stocks news, Stocks on the move, ...|
| Date: August, 30 2018 12:43|
| Pfizer bails on DMD candidate domagrozumab|
|Pfizer (NYSE: PFE ) is terminating development of domagrozumab (PF-06252616) for the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) after a Phase 2 study (B5161002) failed to achieve the primary endpoint of the mean change from baseline in 4 Stair Climb (in seconds) versus placebo after on...|
| Date: August, 30 2018 08:47|
| New Research Coverage Highlights Live Nation Entertainment, LightPath Technologies, Synchronoss Technologies, Mallinckrodt public limited company, Capricor Therapeutics, and Mersana Therapeutics - Consolidated Revenues, Company Growth, and Expectations fo|
|NEW YORK, Aug. 23, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In new independent research reports released early this morning, Fundamental Markets released its latest key findings for all current investors, traders, and shareholders of Live Nation Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE:LYV), LightPath Technologies, Inc. ...|
| Date: August, 23 2018 07:50|
| FDA and NIH to loosen oversight of gene therapy development|
|Citing the need to safely expedite the development of gene therapies and the rapid scientific advances related to the gene editing, the FDA and NIH are backing trimmed down oversight of relevant clinical trials, specifically eliminating the duplication of oversight related to initial study...|
| Date: August, 16 2018 09:47|
Last 5 Days Trading Activity
Last 5 Days Short Activity
* Cover Mode
Short Analysis provided by Squeeze Report. Get a complete short report on CAPR.
About Capricor Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAPR)
Los Angeles based Capricor Therapeutics, Inc. CAPR is a clinical stage biotechnology company focused on the development and commercialization of regenerative medicine and large molecule products for the treatment of diseases. The Company has six drug candidates in stages of development which includes CAP , CAP , CSps, Exosomes, Cenderitide and CU NP. Capricor s lead product candidate, an allogeneic cardiosphere derived cell CDC product, CAP , aims to attenuate and potentially improve damage to the heart caused by a heart attack and is currently under evaluation in the Phase I/II ALLSTAR clinical trial of patients days to year after a heart attack. Ongoing research at Capricor focuses on in depth product characterization, expanded use of current products, development of next generation products, and identification of new technologies. The company was founded in and is headquartered in Beverly Hills, CA.
- Dr. Linda Marban / CEO
- Dr. Marb n is currently serving as our Chief Executive Officer. Cofounder of Capricor, Inc., a privatelyheld company and our whollyowned subsidiary, Dr. Marb n has been with Capricor, Inc. since and became its Chief Executive Officer in . She combines her background in research with her business experience to lead Capricor, Inc. and create a path to commercialization for its novel stemcell cardiac therapies. Dr. Marb n was the lead negotiator in procuring the license agreements that are the foundation of Capricor, Inc. s intellectual property portfolio. Under her direction as Chief Executive Officer, Capricor, Inc. secured approximately . million in nondilutive grants and a loan award which funds Capricor, Inc. s R amp D programs and clinical trials involving its CAP product. Dr. Marb n s deep knowledge of the cardiac space, in particular, allows her to provide unique direction for the Company s development and growth. From to , Dr. Marb n was with Excigen, Inc., a biotechnology startup company, where she was responsible for business development, operations, preclinical research, and supervising the development of gene therapy products in a joint development agreement with Genzyme Corp. While at Excigen, she also negotiated a joint development and sublicense agreement with Medtronic Corp. utilizing Excigen s technology and supervised the building of a lab in which the work was to be performed. Dr. Marb n began her career in academic science, first at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation working on the biophysical properties of cardiac muscle. That work continued when she moved to a postdoctoral fellowship at Johns Hopkins University, or JHU.
- Karen Krasney / EVP
- Ms. Krasney is currently serving as our Executive Vice President, Secretary and General Counsel. Ms. Krasney s career spans over years serving as General Counsel for numerous corporations and private companies engaged in a wide variety of industries. Her extensive background and vast experience has been focused on domestic and international corporate and business law, as well as litigation. Ms. Krasney has been involved in the medical technology arena since the mid s, representing several medical technology companies developing products for the treatment of cardiovascular disease. Commencing in , Ms. Krasney served as legal counsel of Biosensors International Group Ltd., a multinational medical device company that develops, manufactures and sells medical devices for cardiology applications. In , she accepted the position of General Counsel and Executive Vice President of Biosensors and served in that capacity until . During her tenure at Biosensors, among other things, Ms. Krasney headed the legal team that facilitated the company s successful initial public offering in Singapore and was responsible for negotiating and documenting all agreements for the company worldwide, including licensing agreements with major medical device companies and agreements required for the company s international clinical trials. Ms. Krasney has been providing legal services to Capricor since and in joined Capricor as its Executive Vice President and General Counsel. Ms. Krasney also serves as a director on the Board of Cardiovascular Research Foundation, a nonprofit research and education entity. Ms. Krasney received her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California, Los Angeles and her Juris Doctorate from the University of Southern California.
- AJ Bergmann / VP, Fin.
- Mr. Bergmann currently serves as our Vice President of Finance. Mr. Bergmann previously worked at the business management firm, Gettleson, Witzer and O Connor, in Beverly Hills, California beginning in , where he focused on accounting and finance for several production studios generating motion picture releases and worldwide revenue exceeding billion. The firm s clients included foundations, trusts, and independent actors, writers, producers and directors across the entertainment industry. While at the firm, he focused on budgeting, tax forecasting and asset management. Mr. Bergmann joined Capricor in and served as the Director of Finance until November . He was recently made Vice President of Finance of Capricor. He also serves as Capricor s corporate treasurer. Mr. Bergmann was instrumental in facilitating the company s Series A . million Preferred Stock offering and helped structure the company s successful . million budget proposal to the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine for the company s Phase II clinical trial. Mr. Bergmann is responsible for all aspects of the Company s finance, accounting and human resource functions. Mr. Bergmann graduated from Providence College with a BS in Management, and a minor in Finance. He has an MBA from the University of Southern California s Marshall School of Business. He is actively involved in various venture capital and entrepreneurial associations throughout the Los Angeles area.
- Rachel Smith / VP, R amp D
- Dr. Smith is currently serving as our Vice President of Research and Development. Dr. Smith joined Capricor in and is a coinventor of the CardiosphereTM technology that forms the core of Capricor s product portfolio. She also published the seminal proofofconcept paper demonstrating the clinical utility of the Cardiospherederived stem cells in models of heart disease. Her research expertise encompasses the areas of stem cell biology, cardiac physiology, electrophysiology, as well as cell and tissue engineering. In , Dr. Smith was appointed Vice President of Research and Development of Capricor and is responsible for developing the company s clinical trial protocols and managing its regulatory and research partner relationships. Dr. Smith obtained her Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering from Johns Hopkins University under the advisement of Dr. Eduardo Marb n and with the support of a Whitaker Foundation Graduate Fellowship and a National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowship. She received her undergraduate degree in Biomedical Engineering, Magna Cum Laude, from Tulane University.
- Andrew Hamer / Vice President
- Dr. Hamer is currently serving as our Vice President of Medical Affairs. He completed internal medicine and cardiology training at Green Lane Hospital in Auckland, New Zealand, having completed his degree in medicine from Otago University. Dr. Hamer also completed a Senior Cardiology Fellowship at the Deaconess Hospital and at Harvard Medical School in Boston. He served as Chairman of the New Zealand branch of the Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand from to . In , Dr. Hamer also cochaired the Cardiac Surgery Services Development Working Group CSSDG . In , Dr. Hamer was selected by the Minister of Health to lead the development of the National Cardiac Surgery Clinical Network to oversee the implementation of the CSSDG recommendations, leading to substantial improvements in cardiac surgery delivery in New Zealand. In , Dr. Hamer was asked to lead the expansion of the network to incorporate all of the cardiac services, forming the New Zealand Cardiac Clinical Network. In this role he led the implementation of national strategies to improve the equity and access to cardiac services and the establishment of national registries for acute coronary syndrome, percutaneous coronary intervention and cardiac surgery to enable continuous quality improvement from a local to national level. Dr. Hamer joined Capricor in November as the Vice President of Medical Affairs. Throughout this time, Dr. Hamer has been a cardiologist and internal medicine specialist at Nelson Hospital, where he has been a principal investigator for over multicenter clinical trials in acute coronary syndrome, cholesterol, hypertension, heart failure, diabetes and atrial fibrillation management
Current Share Structure
- Market Cap: $36,302,927 - 05/14/2018
- Authorized: 50,000,000 - 11/12/2014
- Issue and Outstanding: 27,712,158 - 03/20/2018
Recent Filings from (NASDAQ: CAPR)
|Filing Type: CT ORDER||Filing Source: edgar|
| Filing Date: April, 19 2018|
Daily Technical Chart for (NASDAQ: CAPR)
Stay tuned for daily updates and more on (NASDAQ: CAPR)
It most certainly could but even more important is the recent overwhelming interest in the company. Check out Investors Hub and search on Twitter
More to come on (NASDAQ: CAPR)
Do your DD and if you choose, be ready to go!
The Research: All source information contained in this email is from the public sources mentioned below.
Disclaimer: DD Report publishes reports providing information on selected companies. DD Report is not a registered investment advisor or broker-dealer. This report is provided as an information service only, and the statements and opinions in this report should not be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any security. DD Report accepts no liability for any loss arising from an investors reliance on or use of this report. An investment in CAPR is considered to be highly speculative and should not be considered unless a person can afford a complete loss of investment. DD Report has received no compensation for the publication and circulation of this report. DD Report does not own any shares of CAPR and does not buy, sell, or trade any shares of CAPR. This report contains forward-looking statements, which involve risks, and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially from those set forth in the forward-looking statements. Copyright 2018 by DD Report. All rights reserved. Our Full Disclaimer: https://dd.report/disclaimer/